Friday, March 17, 2006

GOT A PERMANENT RADIO SHOW GIG

Dear Fellow Aspiring Economists!

Good news. I have been given a permanent radio show gig at AM 1500 in Minneapolis.

Was actually given the gig a couple weeks back, but didn't mention it here because I was contemplating whether I'd want to keep the show and blog seperate entities.

However, I started getting calls from San Francisco and other far flung places whilst broadcasting and it occurred to me that while Minneapolis is a big town, this blog has attracted some of the smarter/more-economically educated people from across the planet which would cause for a more interesting and engaging show.

That and it throws off the radio show folk how I get calls from 2,000 miles away.

Anyway, the show is called "The Economics Supper Club" it broadcasts;

SATURDAYS FROM 1-3PM CENTRAL STANDARD TIME

You can go to this web site to get the streamlining/webbroadcasting thing they got going on;

http://www.am1500.com/subpages/streamsupport.htm

The long distance number is 1-877-615-1500

Feel free to listen and call in!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

Captain Capitalism said...

It was sweet! Young Derek from SF called in.

That being said the second part of the show sucked because I kept getting interrupted with breaks and couldn't focus on the callers. Ran out of time. This stuff I'm hoping will work itself out as I get the hang of it.