Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Screw Economics

So I figure I just finished off a 9 month marathon of dance classes, seminars, radio shows, non-stop blogging, not to mention a day time racket/gig, and for once I'm going to post about something that isn't economics;

My trip to the Badlands in South Dakota.

I know, I know, you aspiring junior deputy economists had to go an entire extended weekend without your daily dose of economic wisdom, but you'll have to go a day more because you're going to get...

PICTURES FROM THE BADLANDS!!!!

Whether you like it or not.

Truthfully though, if you haven't made it to the Badlands in South Dakota, seriously, take the trip. As I have said before, it's like when somebody says, "Dude, this is a GREAT movie!" Or "You HAVE to read this book!" Or "She was like TOTALLY hot!"

And in your mind you're saying,

"No, it's probably isn't that great of a movie"
"No, I really don't HAVE to read that book."
"And, I don't believe she was really that TOTALLY hot."

Yeah, but really and I'm not joking you here, South Dakota is worth the trip. And I say that not just because they have no state income tax, but it really is worth the flight to Rapid City, SD.

So men, trust me when I say this;

Women are used to the flowers and the dinner crap. Just tell her to pack a back pack, some Gatorade, pack a 45 caliber to shoot any ornary buffalo, and then book a flight and just commit yourself to hiking about 30 miles in waterless terrain for 3 days. It's amazing.

One other thing I shall note about the Badlands and the Black Hills. We're getting a fair amount of representation from India, not just on this blog, but at the Badlands as well. A disproportionate representation from the subcontinent was at the Badlands, not to mention I think there were more foreigners at Mount Rushmore than there were Americans. Regardless, it kind of resulted in a warm fuzzy feeling that all these foreigners were at Mount Rushmore. Nice to see people from other countries, speaking different languages coming all the way here to see our presidents' mugs up on a mountain. And I don't mean that in the politically correct, obligatory fashion, but in the just-plain-effing-truth fashion. Was nice to see people from a different country, haul their asses all the way over here to see this piece of Americana. Almost left you to believe that there was something people still admired about America.

Anyway, here are the pictures (they're huge if you click on them).

Your enjoyment is manditory.







3 comments:

JTapp said...

But no pictures of the hot babe?

Captain Capitalism said...

No, I like to keep her privacy. If it means that much to you horn dogs out there I can certianly ask her if she'd pose. There was one picture in particular she was contemplating letting me post.

Captain Capitalism said...

Yeah, you see how long you last 2 days in the middle of nowhere drinking booze with no natural water source.

Still, if you haven't been there, YOU MUST GO! I command it.