Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Cigars and Jack Daniels for Breakfast

Quick little story, then I shall recap my trip, but I was in Sturgis the morning of the first day of the rally. Heard John McCain was in Sturgis and Obama was not.

And as I sat there and enjoyed a cigar and a Jack Daniels at 10AM at the Loud American Roadhouse, I had an epiphany why McCain was there and Obama was not;

John McCain (for all my differences with the man) is a genuine American who loves America and would be nowhere else on the first week of August except for Sturgis.

Obama is a genuine marxist who hates America as it can only be defined by the Sturgis rally and therefore was having arugula (and no I don't care to learn how to spell it because I don't care to become so elitist) and pandering at the time to anything but an American crowd.

This simple fact - the fact McCain was at Sturgis and Obama was not - should show you where their loyalties lie.

And yes, it is as simple as that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your taste in whisky. Myself, I did a couple of shots of Jack just before heading to the altar.

Dunno 'bout your economic analysis, but I dang sure know that your political analysis is a coupla slices short of a loaf. First, what someone likes to eat, drink and smoke has as much to do with their politics as what color socks they wear. Second, based on your "evidence," you have somehow concluded that Barack Obama (and I) hate America. Dude, just because someone's different from you doesn't mean he hates America or is un-American. Nothing's more American than the freedom to chooose what we want to eat, drink, and do. Those are the freedoms John McCain fought for, and I honor Sen. McCain for his brave, loyal service to America. I won't vote for Sen. McCain, but I won't stoop to petty, simplistic vilification. Instead, I will honor him as the second best candidate in this race, and if he's elected, as our President.

Please think seriously about considering not just the negative of Obama, the man and the candidate. No one, not even Dick Cheney, is so thoroughly negative as you've painted Obama. Sure, he's far from perfect, but he's not totally negative, and surely you can't really believe that he and his supporters, including me, somehow hate America. Do us all a favor: 1) give us more credit than that; and 2) be smarter than that.

Off my soapbox now...

Joe

Anonymous said...

Can I still be an American if I wasn't there?

Captain Capitalism said...

Joe and Anon,

Yes, Anon, you are still an American if you weren't there.

The point is they're both running for president, which would mean to me that if you want the job, the Sturgis rally is a must to attend. I would be curious to see which presidents have gotten elected vs. going to Sturgis.