Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Shilo Inns

So Natasha and I are doing what economists do best and compare prices for hotels before we shack up for the night. I leave at least 4 hours for this activity for not only do I enjoy it, but the economics of hotel pricing of it fascinates me. It's a weird unsolvable puzzle like airline pricing.

In any case we go to Shilo Inns in Casper, Wyoming, they quote Natasha $89 for one night WITH a triple A discount.

We drive to the local library, go online, use www.hotels.com and we got it reserved for $58.

So for the 15 minutes of work, it saved us roughly $30.

So we go back.

They do not have the reservation yet because it has to be authorized from Portland.

"Great" I say to myself, "Portland. Land of liberals who will get around to it when the city council pays them to get off their pot break and maybe contribute to GDP here or there."

Sure enough the authorization comes through and we get our room.

Sadly they gave us the wrong keys to our room and so, your beloved Captain, has to trapse back downstairs and get the CORRECT key for the room.

It was at this moment in time the Captain decided to enter "I'm done being nice and think what this world needs are people to bitch slap the rest of the masses across the face to wake them the ef up to reality that they work for a living and to get their heads out of their asses and start doing their freaking jobs" mode and sternly lectured the obese attendee at the desk to give us the "correct effing keys" to the "correct effing room."

Thinking my job is done, I return to the room, open it (with the correct keys) and what do I see? This:


Apparently I can pay $1.50 to drink their bottled water. But also, oh wow, gee, shucks howdy, I can

GO GREEN if I just leave this card on the bed so they don't change my linens!

Now, I don't know about you, but I am getting mighty sick and tired of this going green shit. I'm done feigning like there's some kind of nobility or worth of going green and I will adamantly refuse that "going green" is doing the "right thing." And I am insulted with corporations that dare insult my intelligence that "they're going green" thinking somehow I'm as dumb as the environmental-nazi minority in this country and will somehow place higher value on a capitulating, conforming corporation that "goes green" because they have no principles or morals.

Ergo, please just do the Captian and all of American, Liberty and Freedom a favor,

WILL YOU PLEASE BOYCOTT THESE DUMBASS CORPORATIONS THAT GO GREEN????

No, seriously, just don't patronize them. Inform them you're insulted with this "going green" shit. I'm done with it. Not until people speak out and say, "hey, I'm not a f@cking 4th grader willing to be brainwashed. Take this nazi-enviro-propoganda out of my face and shove it. Matter of fact, I'm not paying my tab and you can go ef yourself." will these mindless corporations take note.

Of course, what do I know? I'm just a dumb lowly Captain in the never ending battle between those who want to work for themselves and those who want to parasite off of them.

Regardless, never stay at a Shilo Inn.

No comments: